Turley Wine Cellars is hiring an experienced, collaborative Tasting Room Supervisor/Lead with a genuine passion for hospitality and sales. As an ambassador of Turley you will demonstrate our excellent customer service ideals and lead by example in professionalism, meeting departmental goals, and supporting a harmonious team culture.
This is a full-time, non-exempt and non-seasonal position. Compensation will include hourly wage plus incentive pay, company bonus, profit sharing, full benefits package (medical/dental/vision/life insurance), paid vacation and holidays, employeee wine program, and educational opportunities for professional development. Candidates are required to be at least 21 years of age and available to work a flexible schedule of 5 shifts per week (9am-6pm), Wednesday-Sunday with flexibility to switch days occasionally as needed to cover management vacation schedules or special events.
Turley is a family-owned business with wineries in St. Helena, Paso Robles and Amador. A passionate producer and advocate of old vine Zinfandels, we make over 40 wines, the vast majority of which are single vineyard designate Zinfandels and Petite Syrahs, and we aim to both create and preserve California’s unique winemaking culture. As a family-owned company, we are as loyal and committed to our people as we are to our winemaking standards.
Please email resume and cover letter for consideration.
- Perform supervisory functions as needed including opening and closing shifts
- Maintain a consistent presence on the Tasting Room floor, ensuring that staff operates to TWC standards for professionalism, hospitality, customer service, sales and timekeeping/attendance
- Take ownership in completion of checklists, general tasting room upkeep/presentation and help co-workers to stay on task
- Work with management to develop monthly sales goals and track progress weekly
- Communicate effectively with Management regarding potential issues with personnel and/or customers and suggest ways to improve day to day tasting room operations
- Assist with staff training on wine and vineyard histories, policies and procedures, and operating POS system
- Host private tastings and assist with special events as needed, with an emphasis on detail and guest experience
- Communicate effectively, graciously and appropriately with guests, team members and a diverse clientele while performing job responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Troubleshoot POS and basic internet/phone systems
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequently stand, move and walk for long periods of time
- Bend, squat, climb, push, stoop and crouch repeatedly
- Lift and move wine cases repeatedly throughout a shift (up to 50 pounds) for stocking, inventory, set up/breakdown procedures, and loading into customer vehicles
- Operate and move a hand truck holding 3 cases of wine (120 pounds)
- Open, smell, taste and pour wine, perform opening and closing duties and various housekeeping tasks
- Follow written and verbal instructions, accurately identify wine labels and read small print
- Efficiently move about the tasting room and property to access wine, merchandise, and supplies stored in cabinets and storage boxes at various heights
- Use arms, hands and fingers to operate to consistently and accurately operate a register, telephone, printer, and basic office productivity machinery
- Remain in a stationary position and open and pour wine repeatedly throughout working shift
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in similar capacity; must have supervisory experience
- Ability to consistently work a flexible schedule – weekends and holidays are required
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and POS systems
- Valid California driver license
- Knowledge of wines and wine production is required
- Ability and flexibility to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, constantly changing priorities and diverse personalities with friendly approach and open attitude
- Merchandising experience a plus